No More Excuses!
July 13th, 2012 | News | 0 Comments
Do you ever find yourself making excuses for your unhealthy eating habits? In a recent poll conducted by ShopSmart Magazine, 57 percent of women said cost of food kept them from eating healthy. In response, the magazine offered several solutions to help women get back on track to reaching their nutrition goals. Check out their suggestions!
1. Eat breakfast. Even if you’re not hungry, grab a combo of low-fat dairy, whole grains, fruit, and a little protein. It can set a healthy tone for the day, fuel your mind and body, and prevent overeating at lunch.
2. Limit distractions. Turn off the TV, radio, and computer and focus on enjoying food when eating. It can also help you recognize feelings of fullness.
3. Eat slowly. Keep food in your mouth longer and chew it thoroughly. By slowing down, you’ll give your brain more time to register that you’ve had enough.
4. Don’t drink calories. Save your calories for foods that will fill you up, and sip no-cal water, seltzer, and tea.
5. Plan snacks. Don’t leave snacking to chance; when you’re hungry, you might not make healthy choices. Carry fruit, an energy bar, or a small bag of homemade trail mix in your purse.
6. Practice portion control. To cut overeating, put food on a plate and keep serving dishes out of sight.
7. Brush teeth after eating. It signals that you’re really done.