The new year is off to an exciting start in Sandy Springs with the completion of Market Square at City Springs, the 2019 Atlanta Jewish Film Festival and a new city arts initiative. City Springs is the 14-acre mixed-use development in the heart of Sandy Springs. The site includes a performing arts center, conference center, government offices, greenspace, residences and new retail establishments that are now open or set to open by Spring 2019. With the completion of the city center, Sandy Springs is gearing up to host new events and continue annual traditions in new spaces. The city is also excited to announce a few major cultural initiatives at the top of the year geared at enhancing the new city space.
New Restaurant Openings and Community Developments
- CityBar. – Located between the two Performing Arts Center theaters, CityBar. offers patrons a convenient spot to grab a drink or a quick bite before the show or after work with friends and coworkers. The space features a full-service bar and a delectable menu of small plates and craft cocktails. The bar also features several flat screen televisions, making it a great spot to watch sporting events. When not serving patrons of performances, CityBar. is open to the public Tuesday – Saturday from 4 – 7 p.m.
- NAM Kitchen – Located within Market Square, directly across from the City Green in City Springs, NAM Kitchen brings authentic Vietnamese food to Sandy Springs in an inviting and modern atmosphere. NAM Kitchen offers a traditional Vietnamese menu including a full-service bar. The restaurant is now open for lunch and dinner daily.
- Flower Child – Flower Child debuted in Sandy Springs in October of 2018 and has quickly become a community favorite. The health-conscious and extremely Instagrammable restaurant features a menu that focuses on grain, protein, vegetable bowls, wraps and salads.
- Café Vendome – The second location of this popular French-inspired café opened its doors to the public in late January of 2019. To accommodate residents in the nearby Aston City Springs apartments, the City Springs Café Vendome will have extended hours.
- The SELECT – The SELECT, the newest restaurant from the Paces & Vine team, is scheduled to open in Spring 2019. The SELECT will deliver a lighter interpretation of Contemporary American Cuisine in a timeless setting. The restaurant is sure to become a neighborhood go-to and popular destination before and after City Springs events.
Not-To-Be-Missed: Upcoming Events at City Springs
- The 19th Annual Atlanta Jewish Film Festival (Wednesday, February 6, 2019 – Tuesday, February 26, 2019) – The Atlanta Jewish Film Festival returns for its 19th year beginning on Wednesday, February 6th. The festival features a diverse collection of accomplished international and independent cinema and takes place at six metro Atlanta locations, including their new anchor venue, the Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center at City Springs. The full film lineup and official schedule was announced on January 10th, and tickets officially went on sale at AJFF.org beginning Monday, January 28, 2019. For more information, visit https://www.ajff.org/#elevent
- Upcoming Events at The Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center – In 2019, the Sandy Springs Performing Arts Center will continue to host a lineup of can’t miss performances. Highlights for the coming months include, South Pacific, presented by City Springs Theatre Company (March 8th – 17th), Three Dog Night (Friday, April 5th) and The Second City (Friday, April 19th). For a full lineup of events visitwww.citysprings.com/events/.
Coming up: ArtSS in the Open – A Gallery Without Walls. The City of Sandy Springs, in partnership with Art Sandy Springs (ArtSS) has created ArtSS in the Open, a new public sculpture competition designed to bring art to the parks and public spaces throughout the City. Nine sculptures will be prominently displayed around the four-acre City Green beginning in April 2019, enhancing the 14-acre City Springs campus, which opened in August 2018. The City will purchase one or more sculptures from each annual competition to add to its growing public art collection with new installations each year.
To learn more about additional events and happenings in Sandy Springs, visit www.visitsandysprings.org.
About City Springs
City Springs was envisioned as a place for community activity and identity, and its design as a gathering spot for business, commerce and residential contributes to that sense of place desired by the citizens of Sandy Springs. The 14-acre campus features a performing arts center, conference center, green space, residential, retail and municipal offices. For more information about City Springs and the Performing Arts Center, visit citysprings.com. Updates regarding City Springs can also be found on Facebook and Twitter @CitySprings, and on Instagram @VisitCitySprings.
About Sandy Springs
Bordered by Atlanta to the south and the Chattahoochee River to the north, Sandy Springs is a modern Southern city with its own unique identity as Georgia’s sixth largest city. Incorporated in 2005, Sandy Springs combines the best of urban and rural environments with a thriving culinary scene of 100+ unique and locally owned restaurants, more than 950 acres of parks and natural areas, and 22 miles of Chattahoochee River shoreline. Artisans and independent store owners have made Sandy Springs their home, and Atlanta’s best shopping is just minutes away. Throughout the year, local events like festivals and holiday markets highlight and celebrate the up-and-coming community. Sandy Springs makes for a relaxing getaway with more than 2,800 hotel rooms, all with easy access to several major highways and interstates as well as the MARTA rail.
Visit Sandy Springs is the Destination Marketing Organization for the city of Sandy Springs, Georgia, acting as the guide to all that the Metro-Atlanta city has to offer. For more information, please visit www.VisitSandySprings.org.