Santa Barbara is a great escape anytime of year, but especially beautiful in the fall and cooler months. October – December is usually blessed with sun and because of a decrease in tourists, there is usually a decrease in prices making it even more affordable to visit this beautiful city, and this extends to restaurants and bars who lower prices to attract the remainder tourists. The scenery is gorgeous with mountains to one side and views of the pacific to the other. Need more reasons to visit? Read our top five favorites.
- Harvest season is also in the fall. The grapes begin to ripen and vineyards are lush which also makes the fall a great time to visit wineries.
- Families friendly indoor and outdoor activities including the Natural History Sea Center.
- Santa Barbara’s main shopping area is State Street. You’ll find everything you could want, from big-name retailers to specialty boutiques and cute coffee shops where you can refuel.
- Dining at Santa Barbara Harbor you can always find fresh seafood and lots of beautiful boats to admire.
- For the quintessential experience, rent a bike explore the waterfront along the paved Cabrillo Trail stopping for lunch and a break on the beach along the way.
Need help planning all of the above? sbtravel.com is a great place to start.