Vietnam has been famous for its beautiful landscapes and unique specialties. For the residents of Canada who are wondering about the need of Vietnam visas to enter Vietnam, this article will help you find out the answer.
Vietnam visa requirements and how to apply for Vietnam visa:
For the trip to Vietnam, Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens is absolutely compulsory. There are 2 legal ways to applying for Vietnam visa in Canada:
- Obtaining Vietnam visa at Vietnam Embassy
When going to Vietnam Embassy for applying for Vietnam Visa, please bring the things below with you:
- 1 recent passport-sized photo
- Some US dollars for Visa fee (contact the Embassy for details)
- 1 Vietnam visa application form (can be downloaded on the Internet or filled out at Vietnam Embassy)
- Your passport. It has to be valid at least for 6 months since the expiration of requested visa, and have at least 1 blank page.
You will be asked to submit the things above, so keep in mind to bring all of them. From 4 to 5 days checking your form and your information, Vietnam Embassy will send you your passport with a visa stamped on it.
Here is Vietnam Embassy in Canada information:
- Embassy of Vietnam in Ottawa, Canada
Address: 470 Wilbrod Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6M8, CANADA
Tel: (1613) 236 0772
- Obtaining Vietnam Visa on arrival with Vietnam-visa.com
Visa on arrival is issued for those who wish to Vietnam for traveling or doing business by air only. There are more and more people choose this kind of visa as it is fast and simple. You can apply for it at lower cost with vietnam-visa.com by following instructions:
- Fill in the secured online application form. The form is also possible to be filled offline and then please send it to the email of the visa provider after finishing;
- Pay service fee online;
- After 5 minutes, check your email for a confirmation of your application;
- Within 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service), a Visa Approval Letter will be sent to your email;
- Print the letter and Vietnam entry and exit form;
- Prepare 2 passport photos;
- Exchange some Canadian dollar to US dollar for visa stamp fee
After having all the things above, remember to bring them with you because you have to present them for visa stamp fee at Vietnam airport check-in counter.
Some information about service fee and visa stamping fee:
Service fee or visa approval letter processing fee: This fee is to pay to travel agent (vietnam-visa.com) for processing your visa application with the Vietnam Immigration Department and send the visa approval letter issued to your email. The fee is based on kind of visa you apply for and the processing time you choose. The service fee is clearly fixed for each nationality on our website so please access vietnam-visa.com and select Canada for the details.
Stamping fee: This fee fixed based on the type of visa is to pay the Immigration Officer at Vietnam airport for getting visa stamped on original. Detailed information is mentioned as below:
- US$25 for a single entry visa
- US$50 for a multiple-entry visa
Vietnam visa is important and it is compulsory for all Canadians who planning to Vietnam. These are two ways to obtain Vietnam visa in Canada, of which each has its own benefits. Thus, read and consider carefully so that you can choose the most suitable one for yourself.