New restaurants serving cuisines from around the world and a calendar full of events, here’s what’s new and upcoming in Sandy Springs this month and beyond:
Restaurant Openings, Community Developments and Events:
- Abernathy Greenway Park is expanding with a new south section just across the street from the park’s existing north section. The new section, anticipated to be open to the public by Spring 2018, will include a half-mile trail and plenty of greenspace for the community to enjoy.
- Pontoon Brewing is scheduled to open in the early fall season in a former Coca-Cola bottling facility. The tasting room/brewery space will feature artifacts from the old building and cultivate a relaxed atmosphere for beer lovers.
- Mandolin Mediterranean Kitchen is expected to open in August in the space that was MAYA Steaks & Seafood. The menu will serve up cuisine with Turkish and Mediterranean flare.
- Stockyard Burgers & Bones and Taqueria Tsunami will share a location on Roswell Road just north of I-285, expected to open in late summer or early fall. Stockyard’s menu features a variety of unique Certified Angus Beef burgers, salads and entrees, including ribs and pork chops all made with high quality, fresh ingredients. Taqueria Tsunami will serve up their signature Latin-Asian flavors.
- Modera Sandy Springs, a new mixed-use community being constructed off Roswell Road, will be home to at least three new culinary options:
- The Local Pizzaiolo will open in the new Modera by Mill Creek development by the end of 2017. Diners will enjoy Neapolitan pizza, along with a retail market selling authentic Italian goods.
- Casi Cielo, also opening in the Modern by Mill Creek development by year’s end, will present a menu of upscale Mexican cuisine, including rice cooked over charcoal and mezcal-based cocktails.
- Ebrik Coffee Room, specializing in Turkish coffee, is already a downtown Atlanta favorite and will be bringing their beloved beverage to Modera at Mill Creek in Sandy Springs. With an opening date still to be announced, the location is anticipated to have a drive-thru for those on the go.
- Perimeter North Family Reunion Workshop (September 16, 2017) – Join Visit Sandy Springs and other local tourism partners at SunTrust Park from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. to learn tips, tricks and best practices from the experts on how to make an upcoming family reunion the most memorable yet.
- 32nd Annual Sandy Springs Festival (September 23-24, 2017) – Free of charge for the first time in the event’s history, the Sandy Springs Festival will offer artists and crafters, children’s activities, a pet parade, 10k/5k races, delicious food and much more. The two-day festival typically attracts over 20,000 attendees.
- Spooky Springs (Saturday, October 21, 2017) – Celebrate Halloween with a not-so-frightful evening of trick-or-treat candy stations, face painting and photo ops at Abernathy Greenway Park.
- Elegant Elf Marketplace (November 4-5, 2017) – The seventh annual event, presented by the Sandy Springs Society, showcases more than 85 vendors of arts, crafts and artisan goods from around the region, just in time for holiday shopping. The weekend-long event takes place at Lake Forest Elementary School.
- Sandy Springs Restaurant Week (November 4-10, 2017) – Explore the diverse and delicious culinary scene of Sandy Springs with exclusive, multi-course menus at special prices. Participating restaurants to be announced soon.
- Holiday Lighting Event (Sunday, December 3, 2017) – Visit Sandy Springs, along with Heritage Sandy Springs, will host a holiday lighting event on the Heritage lawn to bring the holiday spirit to the community. More details to follow.
- For 2018:
- Sandy Springs Lantern Parade (Saturday, April 21, 2018) – Take it to the river for the third year with this community-favorite event that lights up the night and Chattahoochee. Be sure to make a lantern and join the parade next summer.
- Food That Rocks (Saturday, June 9, 2018) – A Celebration of Sandy Springs, this annual event attracted more than 1,100 attendees in 2017. Enjoy food and beverages from over 20 Sandy Springs restaurants with live music, all for a good cause.